Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it safe to use glycolic peels for acne scars while using antibiotics?

I am currently taking erythromycin pills and clindamycin phosphate gel for acne. I am considering getting a glycolic peel as I have lots of scars and I have never seen a visible improvement in my skin in 6-7 years of struggling with acne. Would it be safe to get chemical peels and apply the clindamycin gel once a day at the same time? Can anyone share their thoughts or experiences please|||I used to give glycolic peels, up to 70% in concentration. It depends on the type/concentration of peel you get (30%, 40%, etc) but generally I would tell peole to stop their topical antibiotics 3 days before the peel and 3 days after. If the person is getting a more concentrated peel, the time to be off the topicals is longer.|||-Epidermx II Microdermabrasion Cream


-Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel


-Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Visibly Even Skin Polishing|||Consult your physician or dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment