Monday, April 26, 2010

Is anyone having stiches coming out from scars after gallbladder surgery?

I had my gallbladder taken out 5 weeks ago and there are strings which appear to be stiches coming out from the inside of my scars is this normal|||I had a similar surgery. My stitches were to be dissolved. however they%26#039;ve put 3 knots along the cut. So in those areas the stitches were coming out. when I asked the doc he said not to worry about it since the stitches are dissolvable. so if yours is the same, there is no need to worry. it takes from 2-5 months for stitches to dissolve and the ones hanging out will either go in and get dissolved or will fall off.|||Uhm, I had my gallbladder out in June. They used staples on my incisions and when I got them out I never had anything coming from the inside of the scars. If it%26#039;s red or sore or just irritated, you really need to get that checked out by the surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment