Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do belly button rings cause scars and stretchmarks when your pregnant?

I%26#039;ve heard that women with belly button rings get extra strech marks around that area after they%26#039;ve had a baby. I%26#039;m curious to find out if anyone has had or seen this.|||I have a 14 month old and I have no stretch marks around that area. I did have to take out the ring when I was about 6 months because it was painful. I have not put it back in yet, but the whole is still there. I just don%26#039;t want to put it back in until I lose 10 more pounds.|||I wore my navel ring the entire time during my last 3 pregnancies. I never got very big with any of them, so I dont know if that made a difference or not. I didnt get any stretch marks around the site at all. I have heard that plastic rings dont cause as much problems as metal ones do. But if you dont want to worry about it...just take the ring out during pregnancy.|||Most women have scars anyway from belly button rings! As far as stretch marks go, it jut depends on the elasticity in their skin! Some get stretch marks just from gaining a few pounds. Others can have triplets and never get any!|||Well I don%26#039;t know about that. But strechmarks are caused by a lack of elasticity in the skin itself. Some women are predisposed to getting stretchmarks no matter what. Some aren%26#039;t.|||first, you can%26#039;t leave the ring in when you%26#039;re pregnant, there just isn%26#039;t any extra skin and you%26#039;d hurt yourself if you tried to keep it in.


mine stretched WAAAYYY out while i was pregnant, but now it%26#039;s pretty much back to normal. i mean, my whole belly looks funny, but i%26#039;m still just a few months postpartum and haven%26#039;t started doing sit ups yet.


it probably depends on the person.|||yea, on your belly button, which is gross.|||yes it happend to one of my relatives|||i had one up until i was 7 months preg....i decided to take it out only b/c i got so big in the belly....it was my one and only stretch mark i got on my stomach....and you cant even see it now|||I had my navel pierced right before I got pregnant. I left it in until I was 8 months pregnant. I had to take it out before I went into labor, they didn%26#039;t want any jewelry on during delivery. So, when my skin went back to normal, there was a little dark spot where the piercing used to be. A few years later, I got the same spot pierced again. Now you don%26#039;t see anything except the jewel. No stretch marks for me. I used a lot of vitamin E oil everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment