Friday, January 8, 2010

What's your top tips for quickly getting rid of spot/zit scars?

I know naughty me shouldnt pick spots...but I have...and am left with several big ugly red scars right on my face :(





tips on how to get rid of them and not just cover them would be great!! :)|||The only way to get rid of them is to stop picking them!!!!!





I do it as well, but usually just cover them up with concealer/colour corrective cream (green cream used to disguise redness)|||Hiya :) scars are the worst thing after getting spots... I%26#039;d been struggling with mine constantly. Bio-Oil is good, but it might or might not work on everyone - one of my friends says it worked to begin with - as in, for the first five months - but slowly it has stopped having any effect, and she has not been able to get rid of new scars which have appeared.





Personally, I have found a handful of products have helped. The first is a natural cream called NoMarks, which consists of sandalwood - in India, the bark is rubbed into a paste and used as a mask which soothes and renews the skin. I love that the cream is cooling and moisturising, and has a rich texture that protects the skin against pollutants too. It is easy to wash off at the end of the day (although I re-apply it at night), and has deffffinately lessened my facial scars visibly. It can be purchased from most large pharmacies, and especially from South-East Asian ones. I use the blue tube, not the pink one, but they%26#039;re both essentialy the same.





The second cream is good ol%26#039; Cream E45, which you can get from Superdrugs, Boots, any pharmacy. Again, it%26#039;s beautifully soothing, and contains vitamin E which is a major compnent the skin uses to repair itself. It is quite thick but blends into the skin really well. Over the course of time this reduces scars as well as improving the overall tone of the skin, and makes it look constantly hydrated and glowing as well.





Also, St Ives%26#039; Apricot Scrub for Blemish removal is one of the better face washes; I really did see a difference after three days of using it twice daily. This used before the creams would be the best solution. The difficulty is when you have large sores which might get damamged while scrubbing, leaving even more marks; a friend suggested scrubbing really hard where the scars are but I would not promote that as chances are your skin will get damaged and the pores will suffer. Rub gently, consistently, and frequently, and used with the creams, you should hopefully see a longer-lasting change.





There%26#039;s also the normal stuff which helps these products to work much faster - drinking plenty of water, eating all the nutrients you need to. And of course ... don%26#039;t pick %26#039;em! Sit on your hands if you get itchy fingers, it worked for me :D





That%26#039;s my tuppence worth.. hope it helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment