Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you get rid of acne scars?

Well I have acne scars n i want to get rid of them. Any thing that will help get rid of em?|||You can try chemical peels...i have seen the best results with them. You need to have them done by a professional (either esthetician or dermatologist) and they should be done during winter months. Depending on how deep your scars are you may want to have it done in a series of treatments (over time) because this usually gives the best results. Have either a Jessner/TCA (strongest), Glycolic, Salicylic, or Lactic peel or you can alternate. You can also try a Glycolic Cream for now. Just add it to your skincare regimen...I recommend the brand %26quot;Alpha Hydrox- AHA Souffle%26quot; you can put it on 1x per day after you cleanse and before your moisturizer to start and then increase to 2x per day. Make sure you wear sunblock. Just be aware that Glycolic Acid is a chemical exfoliant and it can make you break out when you first start using it. Good luck!!!|||After acne pimples heal, darker skin people usually are left with something called hyperpigmentation, which is the dark spots after acne.





The best thing for that is to ALWAYS wear sunscreen (cause it takes twice as long for those dark marks to clear up if they are in the sun) and use a retinol products to bring newer skin to surface as the old, dark skin is exfoliated.





Retinol products like Retin0A can be obtained through prescription, or just email me and I can tell you where to buy some retinol products if you don%26#039;t have insurance (like me lol) but still need prescription medication for your skin.





Good luck with your skin and feel free to email me if you have questions. I had acne for years and after a year and a half of battling my hyperpigmentation, my skin is crystal clear ! YAY :)|||The first person meant %26quot;mederma%26quot; which is an onion extract gel meant for recent scars. I use neosporin to prevent scars...


But the thing that has really helped me the most is Retin A by far.


I%26#039;ve been using it a month now, and while I did peel like crazy for two weeks, I stopped breaking out, and my scars are less visible. People who haven%26#039;t seen me in a while ask %26quot;geesh, what have you been doing, you look good - did you finally get some sleep? (I%26#039;m a famous insomniac....)





I would suggest not wasting your time on over the counter solutions that dont usually work - if you are going to cough up some bucks, make it worthwhile.|||Pineapple juice has a good amount of ascorbic acid which acts as a good bleach for the skin, so when applied often and washed after 10 or 15 minutes help a great deal in reducing acne,pimple scars. More such solutions at http://solutionsforpimples.blogspot.com/|||I don%26#039;t think you can get rid of them, but you can reduce the appearance by using mederma. its expensive, but it works. You can get it at walmart where the rest of the creams and stuff is.|||I would try Zenmed. It did wonders for me.





You can also find lots of home remedies and information on acne scars at





http://www.acnescarstreatments.com/





Good luck|||i think the first person meant, mederma.


also you can try cocoa butter too. its really good for scars.|||I have acne scars too, a person recommended trying Mederma. I haven%26#039;t tried it yet but planning on going to buy it.|||lazer treatment---expensive but safe and affective...|||try aderma.

No comments:

Post a Comment